PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
PEO 1: To prepare students to excel in industrial / graduate work in Civil Engineering & allied fields and postgraduate programs to succeed in field / technical profession through global, rigorous education.
PEO 2: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
PEO 3: To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
PEO 4: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate civil engineering issues to broader social context.
PEO 5: To provide students with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines, and the lifelong learning needed for a successful professional career.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
An engineering program defines a set of specific program outcomes that relate to its educational objectives, including the items a-k listed below. We regularly review the courses in our curriculum to make sure that all these items are covered, and try to measure whether our students are successfully attaining the following goals:
- An ability to apply basic knowledge of mathematics, physics, chemistry and mechanics in civil
- An ability to design mix and conduct experiments, on material & soil, interpret and analyze data, and report
- An ability to design structure that meets desired specifications and requirements.
- An ability to visualize on laboratory of and Civil Engineering & multidisciplinary
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve civil engineering
- An understanding of their professional and ethical
- An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal & written forms & also through
- The confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and social, nature &
- Capable of self-education and clearly understand the value of life-long learning.
- Broadly educated and will have understanding of the impact of civil engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment to analyze civil engineering
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Innovative Design in Civil Engineering. The ability to create innovative designs with new materials of minimum embodied energy through research and development focusing on global quality of life by observing professional ethics.
- Civil Engineer and Sustainability : The ability to recognize the need of the hour like housing, sanitation, waste management, irrigation, use of renewable energy etc for a sustainable environment.
- Civil Engineering Analysis and Design tools : The ability to analyze the effects of natural calamities like earthquakes, landslides etc. including disaster management and to design stable structures for relevant stress resultants.
Mapping of PEO’S with Outcomes
|Program Educational Objectives||Program Outcomes|