The vision of Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is to provide higher education in the field of technology and reach status of a Nationally and Internationally reputed Institution which is based upon the culture and the values of universal science and contemporary education and a center of research which lay the groundwork in shaping the future in the field of Engineering.
- To create professionals competent to design and implement systems in the field of Electronics and Communication.
- To provide moral, ethical and value based education for social welfare.
- To promote spirit of innovation and creativity among faculty members and students.
- To create best facility and environment for human resource development capable of contribution towards research and development.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Preparation: To prepare students for excelling undergraduate programs and succeed in the industry/technical profession through global, rigorous education.
- Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific, and engineering fundamentals required to solve complex engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
- Breadth: To broaden educational areas with increasing knowledge/practice in Designing, Prototyping, Modeling, Data Analyzing, Logical Reasoning, and trouble solving approaches for real-life problems.
- Professionalism: To inculcate in students’ professional and ethical attitude, effective oral and written communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, enhance alumni engagement, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context, additional courses concerning self and career growth.
- R&D and Life-long Learning: To provide the student with an academic environment aware of excellence, outstanding leadership, ethical codes and guidelines with moral values, and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career and also promote research and development consultancy to open new doors for future.
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems:Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- Graduate will be able to understand basic Principles of Advanced Technologies used in Communication and VLSI and understand procedures and design principles which include software and hardware.
- Graduate will be able to simulate, analyze and design wired/wireless communication systems and networks.